About the Big Mart Sales category

hackathon
big_mart_sales

This subcategory is for discussions related to big mart sales prediction hackathon.

Kindly use this to ask technical questions, discuss your methodology and the results on the problem.

Unable to upload submission file. Have been trying for a number of times, a message saying ā€˜Please try after sometimeā€™ is displayed each time.

can you please share teh dataset to eeti3084@gmail.com

Can somebody tell me about Outlet_Size and Out_Type featuresā€¦ I want to know whether the Supermarket Type1 is larger than Supermarket Type3 or vice versaā€¦ Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I hope following table helps you understanding trend of size in different outlets:

Unable to upload submission file. Have been trying for a number of times, a message saying ā€˜Please try after sometimeā€™ is displayed each time.

Hello, I registered for the competition but I cannot find the data. Could you please send the Big Mart Sales data to the following e-mail: maqdochewa@abv.bg. Thank you!

Itā€™s attached in the Problem as Test and Train data along with sample submission.

I am facing issues when predicting the sales using linear regression, Adjusted R square : 56.21, Residual standard error : 1129, the model statistic is as per below (only significant variables).
Estimate
Intercept : - 1869
Item_MRP : 15.6
Item_Fat_content (Regular) : 52.7
Outlet_type(Supermarket 1): 1955
Outlet_type(Supermarket 2): 1626
Outlet_type(Supermarket 3): 3355
Visibility Category (Low) : 54.3

Since the intercept is negative some of the predicted sales value is coming as -ve, as a result of which the MAPE is coming as 1.
Can anyone of you please suggest how should I proceed in this situation.

am new one for coding in R & Python. Can someone share the code of this competition to my email id raja500k@gmail.com

Can someone send me the dataset file for Big Mart Sales III on karan_trehan84@yahoo.com Not able to doenload it

may i know from where i can download dataset, or can anyone email me to jayakrishna.bjk@gmail.com

can you please share the dataset to anup.pardeshi12@gmail.com

can u plz share data on my email id sksnic@gmail.com

Share dataset to joslynlyntan@gmail.com please thanks!

I request you to send the dataset to my mail Id i.e girish.nmore@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance

Please email the dataset on zaminzulfiquar10@gmail.com

Can someone tell me where to download the dataset or can mail me at dhawanpawan32@gmail.com.

hello, how could i participate this practice problem if it were closeļ¼Ÿ thanks in advance

Hello, could anyone send me a dataset for this project, can not find it here. My email Address sorokina.mariya92@gmail.com Thank you!