I’m Mridula. I’m currently on a career break. But was working with a UK based Retail company for 4 years in Bengaluru before taking my career break. I was working as an Analyst there. But my work was 70% reporting and 30% analytics. I always wanted to learn more about Data Science and shape my career in a better way.
Basically, I’m an engineer in CS. In my previous job i was using MS Excel, VBA and SQL(Teradata) extensively, used statistics to some extend as well. I have basic python, SAS and R knowledge which i got through MOOC courses(never got a chance to work with these languages).
- I don’t know anyone who is working in the field of DS personally. Since DS is the hot topic now a days, everyone seems to be an expert in the field. Can anyone please tell me what kind of jobs we need to expect for an entry level DS position?
- I’m on a career break now for the past 4 months, and won’t be able to work for another 1 more year. I have decided to prepare myself in the DS field during this break. Please help me what all things I should be concentrating(tools, techniques, soft kills etc.) to jump start my career in this area?
- Is there any specific industry or profile which i need to focus on, so that I will have good career options and longevity?
- How will be a typical work day of a DS looks like(or is it gonna be like new challenges everyday)?
- Information about DS is flooded over internet. Is there any reliable platforms I can check to know what is actually required in the field?
- How will be the work-life balance? What type of companies will be best for starting a DS career where there will be learning opportunities and a good work-life balance?
- What is the minimum salary for an entry level DS position in Bengaluru?
I am so sorry if I asked a lot of questions. I really need to know these and I don’t have any trustworthy source to ask my queries. Thanks a lot in advance to helping me out guys.