Bridge School of Management is a tie-up between HT media and NorthWestern University. Here are a few facts about the program:
Format of the course:
- The course has a hybrid model - Online and offline engagement.
- The online component contains videos created by NorthWestern University. The experience of these would be very similar to what Coursera offers. There is a discussion portal, which is used for discussion with faculty (both from NorthWestern and the Indian faculty) and submission of a few assignments as well. You are expected to pre-watch these videos, before you come to class interaction.
- The offline / class interaction is expected to solve queries and help people with some hands on sessions / exercises. These are not meant to be complete classroom trainings.
- The course is run for a duration of 31 weeks over weekends.
Content of the course:
- The course provides content on R only. SAP HANA can be connected to R, so this can be a plus point. But the course will not teach you SAP HANA.
- The course contains module on advanced predictive analytics and can be too exhaustive / difficult for a working professional with hectic routine.
My views about the course:
There are 2 decisions you need to make:
- How much time can you spend learning on your own through the week?
- Are you comfortable with pre-recorded content as the main way to deliver content?
If you can spend time during week and are comfortable learning from pre-recorded content, you can go ahead with the course. But if that is not the case, or you are not sure, try out a course on Coursera before you take a plunge.
Hope this helps.