Building a career in Consumer / risk analytics / BI

hello everyone,

I am glad that I came to know about this website.

My background:
I have worked in consumer support for 2 years and now i am working as associate IT and data analytics for last one month. I have an engineering degree in computer science. I am not really sure how good i am with analytics but i am comfortable with organising data / data storage / access.

My research till now:
i have been doing a lot of research about analytics from past 1 year and I am yet zero in on any one of the analytics platform. I am interested in consumer analytics but my job is now mostly about insurance / banking / cedit risk analytics.

Questions:
Could you please suggest me:

• The courses or the languages / tools that I need to learn regarding insurance / banking / cedit risk analytics.
  • Is it a good move to change the domain to consumer analytics after some time may be a year.?
    and how is insurance/banking / cedit risk analytics for career prospectus.?
  • What are the tools/languages to learn for consumer analytics?.
  • With engineering degree in computer science is it more appropriate to get into business intelligence rather then analytics.?

Also could you please give more insights on BI and analytics.

I would be greatful to you for all your answers.

thank you
sachin.K

@Sachin_Khanapur

You should only ask one question for each post. If you have multiple questions, create separate posts.

Here are some of the answers to your questions:

• It is a good idea to move into data technology field. However, the decision between Business Analytics / Intelligence / Consumer analytics would depend on your primiary interest, motivation and the hard work. Business Intelligence look like a natural progession in your case. So, I would suggest to continue to move in this direction.
  • Before moving into Business analytics / predictive modeling, you will need to do a lot of preparation on various aspects: the tools, techniques and softer skills like communication and presentation skills. So take one step at a time.
  • On the tools, if your employer is using SAS, you can start with that.

Regards,
Kunal

thank you very much kunal for your reply.