How can I create Venn Diagram in Qlikview?

qlikview
venndiagram

Hi,

I am creating a sales dashboard for online channel. Here I want to show the customer sourcing from three online channels like adwords, socialmedia and direct and also want to visualize the overlap between these three channels.

Now, I want to represent this information using Venn diagram because it is a right pick to visualize overlap and distribution together.

Please guide me with the methods to create a venn diagram in Qlikview. Below is snapshot of sample data set.

Regards,
Mukesh

@Mukesh,

It is not an inbuilt chart type of Qlikview so it can’t be done directly.

As you know that we can use google chart api to create more advance charts as we do for Geo-spatial charts. Here we will also go with google chart api.

I have created a data set( similar data structure as you provided) for employee analytics tool knowledge like SAS, Python and R.

Now, let’s look at the steps to create Venn diagram:

Step:1
Calculate the seven variables for employee who knows one of SAS, R, Python (3 variables) and who knows two of them (3 variables) and who knows all (1 variable). This I have done using [set analysis][1].
[1]: http://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/01/set-analysis-qlikview/

Go to settings --> Variable overview and create variables.

vS=Count({<SAS={'Y'}>}Code)
vR=Count({<R={'Y'}>}Code)
vP=Count({<Python={'Y'}>}Code)
vSR=Count({<SAS={'Y'},R={'Y'}>}Code)
vSP=Count({<SAS={'Y'},Python={'Y'}>}Code)
vRP=Count({<Python={'Y'},R={'Y'}>}Code)
vSRP=Count({<SAS={'Y'},R={'Y'},Python={'Y'}>}Code)

Step:2
Create a straight table and write expression as:

='http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=v&chs=330x220&chdl=SAS - '&$(vS)&'|R - '&$(vR)&'|Python - '&$(vP)&'&&chco=8DAACB,FC7362,BBD854&chd=t:'
&$(vS)&','&$(vR)&','&$(vP)&','&$(vSR)&','&$(vSP)&','&$(vRP)&','&$(vSRP)

In above expression, I have used these codes and their definition are:
cht=v : define the chart type,
chs : define the size of chart
chdl : define dimension lable
chco : define chart color
chd : define the chart data.

Step:3
Make the representation of expression as Image and tick mark on for “suppress the header row” in presentation tab.

Step:4
Make the representation of expression as Image and in Presentation tab tick mark on for “suppress the header row” and wrap Cell text (Cell Height =25).

Finally you will get the output as:

Regards,
Sunil