I am currently using SAS for my data cleaning and Qlikview for slicing and dicing my information.
These are steps currently which I am following :
- After the queries are completed in SAS exporting data in csv format
- Compressing the file in order make the size smaller(time taking)
- Copy the compressed file to Qlikview server(time taking)
- Decompressing the from zip to csv format(time taking)
- Reload and transform csv to qvd in Qlikview
- Reload final qvd for for dashboard refresh
I want to skip steps 2 to 5 as they are time consuming. I want to directly connect to the SAS server than going through so many steps. Pl give a solution where these steps can be minimized and also the cost involved if any if I want to establish a direct relation between SAS and Qlikview and optimize the entire procedure.