How to "desipher" Keras predictions?

python
r-machine-learning
keras

I went thorugh this great article:

And when I tried to predict and recognise one sound I’ve receive an answer like that:

Problem is I miss the lables of categories, so can’t actually say what is the prediction. So how to get correct linkage between prediction, and category labels? Thanks.

Hi @StanKo,

You can use model.predict_classes() function to predict the classes.

Thanks for the answer. Now I get outcome like that:
[2]
or
[5]
or
[0]

So in fact, I don’t know if outcome [0] is for siren, dog_bark or other class.

The problem is, that I dont know the order of classes. I miss that linkage between order of class and label i put in the excel file. I can make the order by myself by listening to sounds, but I would like to make it clean way for future projects. Thanks.

Hi @StanKo,

You have to do the labeling part manually. You can label encode the target variable or manually give the numbers to different classes.

Is there any tutorial how to do that? Thank you!

Hi @StanKo,

You have to do that manually. I am not aware of any tutorial related to that but if I came across any such tutorial, I will share it with you.

You just have to label the same type of audios to a particular class. In this way, there will be different classes based on the number of different types of audios you have in training data.

Yes, that’s what I exactly did (use audio from training to guess which number reffers to which class). But I wouldn’t expect that. Tensorflow (visual recognition) predictions gives me back class name automatically. So this is kind of surprise for me with keras.

Thanks a lot for your time and expertise on this!

You can use inverse_transform feature of LabelEncoder

For example:

from sklearn.preprocessing import LabelEncoder
le = LabelEncoder()
species = [‘setosa’,‘virginica’,‘versicolor’,‘versicolor’,‘virginica’,‘setosa’]
species = le.fit_transform(species)
list(le.classes_)
list(le.inverse_transform(species))

or

list(le.inverse_transform([0,1,2]))
print(species)

Perfect, this worked for me. Thanks!