How to go about Continued Education if I am in a financial crunch?

business_analytics

Hi All,

Currently, I am between jobs, as I came home to help parents with a medical emergency, so evidently, this creates a scenario of limited finances.

To get back into the workforce, I have decided to go for a Business Analytics/Data Science Course.

I am not able to decide which would be a wiser choice:-

1. Get into a 1-year online program from Great Lakes, and keep searching for jobs alongside.

PROS:

• I can afford this program and begin my learnings right away.

• Continued learning may hopefully land me a job in between the program too.

CONS:

• Not sure about the placement scenario, though admins have assured me with all the help possible, yet there will be a struggle to find a job independently.

• I don’t see much networking opportunities with peer and industry reps. Simply because it’s an online program

• Getting derailed in online programs is easy, as there is no timetable to adhere to.

1. Look for a temporary job or ANY JOB, save some money and then get into a 1-yr FULL TIME Camus program from Praxis-Bangalore

PROS:

• Placements are assured (obv given that I perform well academically and in the interviews.)

• Peer interaction and regulated campus life.

CONS:

• Cannot afford the program right away. May need to work a temp job and save up some funds first.

• Cannot start learning right away.