Interview - How to explain an Analytics project? Main stats to share?

How to explain an Analytics project in an interview?

Since there are lot of things to say like Dataset (No. of observations, variables, correlation etc.),why i took this model?,evaluation metrics,business expectation…etc.

What are the exact/definite things an interviewer expects?

main problem comes while attending telephonic interview since v can’t see their expression while we explaining.

anybody cud give a clear structure/approach for this.

@ssvbalan

I will see this as advantage instead of problem.:smile: bcoz if you are having telephonic interview before interview you can easily list out the some important points in your project you have done, they will help you to explain your project step by step.

So what steps should you include, according to me

1. What was the problem.
  2. What variables were included in data set and what was the target variable.
  3. What features you used in building the your base model and how you improved model accuracy by adding new features.
  4. What algorithm you used, how you tuned the parameters of algorithm (in case having if any)
  5. What was you strategy while solving the problem.
  6. How much accuracy you achieved.

I think this would do most of the work, but if they ask any specific question you should be able to explain it in detail.

I hope this helps.

This is what i can think of, out there may be a perfect approach present. All the Best…:slight_smile:

Thanks for ur inputs… @ajas.bakran

Hi @ssvbalan

One point missing in Ajas answer that I always look for, your EDA and the involvement of the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
If you work on analytics problems as software engineer or DA or BA , you are not a domain expert so if you have to do a model (cube or other) how will you know? you have to involve the SME and then what do you propose to him ?
So between point 1 and 2 of Ajas, I shall add:
1.a Framing the problem in business term
1.b Agreement with the SME
Then you will have the variable for step 2. and you can follow the other points. But this could be iterative
Best regards
Alain