Job opportunities in India after big data certification?

I completed my post grad 5 years back in the field of computer and I don’t have any experience in IT and I stay out of India. If I do any certifications in big data do I have any job opportunities in India since its been long time and with nil experience.

@sinrak10

It depends a lot of your work experience till date and the place where you are doing your certification from. If you can share more details in your question above, I might be more helpful.

Regards,
Kunal

@kunal
My situation is also almost similar to this. I have completed my MBA in finance in 2011.Before that I did my B.Tech in computer science. I worked for ANZ for 14 months as a process associate. Since that job was not challenging I quit the same.

I always love numbers. When I did my research about possibilities to build a new career I found analytics is suitable for me.
I did a basic course from Jigsaw. Learned statistics course from edX offered by IIMB. Now I am planning to take certification in SAS/BASE. I am good with statistical concepts. I am comfortable with Advanced Excel.

I already started looking for jobs. But whoever is calling me require prior experience in analytics and or SAS. I am finding it really hard to get a career start.

Can you please tell what more I can do to become industry suitable for a job in this field?
How can I showcase myself to get interview calls?
Will base and advanced certification in SAS helps me in this field?

Please help me. I am really struggling to find my career in the area I like.

Thanks in advance,
Amala.

@amalavarghese89

Since you have chosen SAS as your preferred tool, you should look at SAS predictive modeling certification. This would help you get accredition from SAS itself. They also put a list of certified predictive modelers on their site.

Also, you should start picking freelancers / participate in competitions in order to gain work experience. The more projects you will do, the better it would be for you. We plan to add a few practice problems on our hackathon platform in coming days, which will be useful to gain experience on industry problems:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kunal

I currently stay in US since I don’t have work permit, I couldn’t take a job here but I’m planning to do certification under big data. I hope that if I do any certifications right over here once if I get work permit I can work in my preferred tool though I don’t have any experience and no matter how long does the gap took after my studies. But i’m planning to return to India and my question is will I able to get a job with my certifications unless I don’t have any experience at all for nearly 5 years. could pls give me some suggestions