Laptop Suggestion

Hi All,

I will be pursuing Master program in Analytics in Canada in Sep 2017. I want suggestions for the laptop. My budget is INR 1 lakh roughly 2000 CAD .

I am planning to buy from Canada since it is will be cheaper there.
I have zeroed down on the configuartion like i7 6th or 7th Gen, 16GB RAM, etc but not able to decide which model from ASUS Zenbook, Dell XPS , HP Spectre.

Any more suggestions of Brands are welcomed.

Thanks
Prasad

Recommended Desktop/Laptop Specs for Data Science

Check this article, It will help you in deciding for laptop for ML.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/choosing-laptop-machine-learning-buy-partii-manas-ranjan-kar

Hi Prasad,

If you want to purchase the laptop from Canada, its better to purchase a processor at least I5 processor 6th generation . Be sure the company will provide the full accidental cover plus international warranty, In India most of the company stop provide the Accidental cover(October 2016, Nehru place Delhi) and if the liquid fell into the screen , its not included, you have to pay extra for that.Its better to purchase extended warranty at least 3 years because after first or second year the components of laptop start facing the issue, May be in Canada to repair the laptop is costly. My recommendation is purchase HP/MAC then ASUS please dont purchase dell laptop its quality get worst day by day.Be sure in your laptop you will install Microsoft office.Purchase those laptop which have service center near to your college.

Hey just a random question out of the context for an answer to your question. Which program in canada are you going to pursue?

Hi, I am going to pursue MSc Applied modeling and Quantitative methods with Big Data analytics stream from Trent University.

Thank you Ankit for your suggestion. What do you think about Gaming laptops like ASUS ROG series, MSI etc, they are relatively cheaper and also has a powerful processor compared to Spectre, Dell xps , Zenbook.

Thanks a lot for the info Arihant :slight_smile:

Hi Prasad,

I have no knowledge regarding the gaming laptop. but i learnt one think purchase the middle segment laptop because technology change every year. So be sure the components are latest. If there is any problem in laptop after few year the spare parts are costly. I faced an issue already i have an dell studio 1555 which is 7-8 year old and l have faced an issued in video card and mother board and i have already invest around 10000 bucks in the last six month and local vendor gave me one month warranty for parts but after 45 days i faced the same issue and he told me you have to change the part again if that problem occur next time its better to sold it.

Regards
Ankit
Ps You can asked about the laptop in times of india gadgets section on saturday newspaper or join thes people on facebook or social networking sites .cell guru NDTV (Rajiv Makhani), Tech guru people like Ankit (Ex tech guru), Abhishek(Ex Tech Guru)