Loan Prediction Problem Dataset

Hi @kunal, I am a beginner and I am currently going through your tutorial “learn data science with python from scratch.” I am trying to download the dataset to the loan prediction practice problem, but the link just takes me to the contest page. Nothing happens when I click on “data”. Can you send me the loan prediction train.csv file? Or direct me to find the file?

You will need to register for the hackathon and then you will be able to download the dataset.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Kunal

Thanks very much @kunal for the hardwork you have put in. I think you should make it a lot easier for people to download the required datasets for your exercises. I have surfed all through your website looking for the loan prediction dataset. I had to download it from a different website altogether. I am not even sure if its the right one. Other than that, your efforts are very much appreciated. You rock. Thanks again bro.

Hi @kzhang128 @game411

The loan prediction problem is available as practice problem on datahack. You can simply register for the competition, and then download the dataset.

Here’s the link for the same:

Hi,
In the regression task in mlr, if the test dataset csv doesn’t have the continuous target feature, as it is only available in the train set, predict function showing error as undefined column,
I tried adding same column name with zeros (not sure whether I can do), the error in predict function has gone but the performance method not computing the measures rsq, rmse.
May I please know how to do this.
Thanks
Prem

Hi @apremgeorge,

Drop the target variable column for train dataset before you fit the model. Then the train and test will have same number of columns.

But both test and train data set are empty and does not contain any data. How to open it after download .csv pls tell me.

Hi @kotrappa93

You can download the train and test file from the link below. Also, you can read the csv file in python using the following command : df=pd.read_csv("file_name.csv")

https://datahack.analyticsvidhya.com/contest/practice-problem-loan-prediction-iii/