I am seeking help to decide, whether I should go for PGDBA from IIM C next year or continue working?
Where am I coming from?
- I have been working in Mu Sigma from more than 3 years (this is my 1st job) and have a sound knowledge of analytics
- In future I want to pursue my career as a data scientist/analyst
Why am I thinking of PGDBA?
After going through the course curriculum, I realized that I could gain:
- Vast exposure to various kind of businesses doing analytics
- The math behind the analytical models which I lack as the requirement is not enough in day to day model building exercise
- A PG degree from one of the most reputed institute in India and also great network
Questions I have
- Is it worth of doing a 2 year course after having 4 years (By next June 2019) of experience in this domain?
- Or should I fill in the knowledge gaps by taking online courses?
- In terms of ROI, the course fees is ~16L and CTC after placements might fall b/w ~17L to ~ 21L.
- Is it possible that not having a PG degree could be roadblock in my career ahead? (Given that one is up-to-date with analytical knowledge)
It would be great if you can help me on this front and clear my doubts.
@kunal - Sir I have read the discussions where you have given your thoughts on this course, however I still have few questions (mentioned above). Answers from you would be of immense help.