I am a Business Intelligence and data architect carrying experience into the field of data analytics, ETL and reporting of more than 10 years, and still have following lame questions regarding statistical models; I am really keen for the meaningful answers. (Apologies if you feel these are very-very basic questions, and I should know about it- sadly I have very limited idea on it)
I have very strong hold over SQL, ETL, data visualization and reporting technologies (9.5/10).
What are Predictive/statistical models?
• Is it series of instructions like a normal Program written in any programing language like C or SQL?
• If it’s a program, why can’t we use stored procedures?
• Why R/Python is ideal language for them?
What is its ideal/actual output of statistical model?
• I have vague idea of its output, like it provides some sort of score against various criteria for each line item/sample data (Feel free to correct me)
What is “Training model”?
• No idea at all, or I don’t know how to express my knowledge. I know little bit about it and even worked closely with people (team of young data scientists- fresh out of grad schools) who are actually using data I have provided to train their model, still I do not have any clue what the heck they do when they mean they are “training their models”