Predictions for Kaggle Bike sharing prediction using R

r
kaggle

Given data set i have applied both Random Forest and SVM.But Random Forest is giving more accuracy than SVM. I want the reason behind it?

@gangadhar_chintha123

It would help, if you can provide some details on features you have used / created.

In general, it is hard to predict which algorithm would do better over other with out understanding the data and features, if both the algorithms are available.

Regards,
Kunal

hello sir,

In my data set totally i have 12 features and 10886 observations. About the features datetime,season, holiday,workingday,weather temp,atemp,humidity,windspeed ,casual,registered,count(causal+registered)

In the test set we have to predict the count.Firstly i have done preprocess on training data and then apply the Random Forest algoritham and SVM.But Random Forest is giving more accuracy.if u need any information i can give.

SVM is usually applied for a classification problem. This is a regression problem.

Kunal

SVM can also be applicable for regression.In data set some features are having categorical and some features are having continuous values. Thats why i have applied SVM.

have you tried rattle package in R. you can try a lot of algorithms in a single click. It is a GUI. see http://rattle.togaware.com