Set Analysis chart in QlikView - I'm stuck

qlikview

Hi there,
I’m trying to do a bar chart where the X axis shows all regardless of changes.
Here’s what I want to do:

I have: =Sum ({1}[Total CPM revenue (CA$)]) as a expression and a Month as the Dimension.
This gives me the total sales and keeps all the months on the screen. However it shows all companys totals and not the selected ones.
I want to show all 12 months and have the month selected highlighted (I know how to show highlighted) But also want the totals to change based on which company I have selected.
Any thoughts on how to achieve this?
Thanks so much,
Rick

@RickOshea,

You can use identifier (current selection) in place of 1 for performing manipulation with current selection. You can write expression as: =Sum ({}[Total CPM revenue (CA$)]).

You can also refer article “Set Analysis in QlikView – simplified!” for better understanding of set analysis.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Sunil

Thanks but that doesn’t do it. Once I change the 1 to a $ then only the selected months appear. Leaving the 1 there keeps all 12 months. The total is now correct but layout is wrong,

I’ved used your article for Set Analysis a lot. It is great. But it doesn’t answer this simple issue.

@RickOshea,

To show all months irrespective of month selection, you need to by pass month field in modifier section of set analysis and expression should be:

=Sum ({$<Month=>}[Total CPM revenue (CA$)])

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Sunil