Sharing some feedback from one of the current students in Praxis Bangalore. Take it with a pinch of salt but it appears Bangalore praxis is totally under prepared and Kolkata has better training programs and faculties. Also the time and depth of exercises given to feed basic concepts is pretty low in Bangalore it seems.
Specifically he highlighted the below where one faculty is actually a student sitting with student and taking classes.
Faculty feedback -
- Most off them are from industry and may not have relevant teaching knwoledge.
- it almost appears like its a training conducted in the office (not a data science institute)
- One lecturer who is RDBMS also sits in all other classes learning the subject including R, Data mining, SAS and stats and mostly takes up faculty time.
- This prof who also learns in front the student (hadoop - Witnessed by the students of her trying to learn Hadoop) is now being told to take hadoop for praxis bangalore for second and final term. This is like learning for ur fellow student than expert.
-The lecturer learning the subject will probably be a full time teacher for future batches. Basically you are learning from another student and not a field expert
- Stats faculty is an expert but time given to him to cover topics is ridiculous and he is hardly able to justify these topics. He has been asked to rush through topics. Its like learning everything from parametric tests to non parametric tests in a day and students asked to write exams in next two days.
- The administrator(local) always blames the student even if they say topics are being rushed.
Bangalore location feedback
- its not a college but more like a cheap institute
- the overall feeling you get is you are attending something like aptech and not a professional business program.
- More mosquitos, mosquito bats and good night in the class than time given for students to learn. Imagine you trying to swat a mosquito worried about getting a dengue.
- Very poor infra structure
Though learning from industry helps understand whats happening in real time industry.
Be very careful while chosing praxis bangalore for their teacher one of them is a student and that stufent will be ur teacher teaching hadoop and spark concepts while she is also learning. Not an expert in that subject.
Will you learn basics in first few months - NO.
This is his email and i am sharing the same for prospective students to be careful about taking decision. This field needs strong conceptual knowledge of statistics and if the Bangalore course is being rushed to simply satisfy course hours, skip praxis and try better recognized schools like IIM or SP Jain.
I am in no way affiliated to the school or school student. I am just passing on the feedback for potential Jan batch students.