Should I go for SAS certification?

sas
certification

Hi,
I have fair knowledge about Base SAS and Advance SAS and currently I am learning various algorithms to become a data scientist. Please suggest me, should I go for SAS certification and does it help me to become a better data scientist?

Regards,
Imran

Imran,

If you want to become a data scientist - you should go for the predictive modeler certification from SAS. Base SAS certification would not benefit much and even advanced SAS certification is good to have.

You should focus heavily on understanding of statistical concepts, various algorithms, life cycle of analytics projects, steps required in data cleaning to prepare yourself for the role of data scientist.

Also, once you have developed expertise in SAS, it would help if you develop expertise in one of the open source languages i.e. R or Python.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kunal

What will be the benefit of SAS certification? Does knowing SAS base and advance is good enough to get a good analyst job? What is the difference between business analyst, data scientist and data analyst? where does expertise in SAS,R and Hadoop will lead to>