Analytics Vidhya discussions is a question and answer site for data science professionals or people wanting to enter data science.
If you have any questions on analytics tools and techniques, visualizations, Big Data, machine learning - feel free to ask them here. Our community loves any question on this topic - be it a specific question like:
While implementing this piece of code, I am getting following error?
or a generic, high level question like:
How do become a data scientist?
So, start your journey by asking questions or sharing your perspective with other data science professionals.
A few best practices to follow, while you are on the forum:
While asking the question:
- Post one question in each thread. Do not post multiple questions as this will make the portal cluttered and unmanageable
- Make sure your heading to discussion is specific. For example, if you want to know about resources in R for Neural Networks, mention this in the heading. If you mention headings like Neural networks or Resources in R, it will lead to wrong target audience and answers
- Make sure you put right tags in your questions. Tags make it easier for you to find out questions on a topic. If you do not use right tags, you will not reach the right experts
- Address the question to the community. Avoid one on one communications in the community. If you want one of one messages, send it across as Private Message
- Avoid grammatical mistakes and poor language. It can make it hard for people to understand the questions.
While answering the question:
- Do not just leave links in answers. You should provide your perspective and experience in the answer and add links as resources.
- Focus on writing high quality answers. High quality answers take time, but help out everyone including you. Your reputation will increase by writing these high quality answers and people will love reading these answers.
- Do not start new off-topic discussion while answering a question. Post a new one, if there is a need and you can refer to previous question.
- Please do not do self promotion. At times, there can be a thin line between answering and self-promotion. The community will use our discretion to flag self promotions.